Quinoa and Mixed Greens Salad
This recipe is simple, healthy, and extremely adaptable to whatever veggies you have on hand!
Quinoa is high in protein, low in fat and cooks quickly – a perfect ingredient to toss in this salad.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time35 min
- Yield2 servings
- Serving Size200 g
- 1 cup toasted and cooked quinoa
- 2 packed cups mixed greens (kale, arugula, spinach, spring greens)
- 2 tbsp. raw walnuts
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. flax seeds
- 1 tsp. pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup roasted root vegetables chopped (sweet potatoes, turnips, beets)
For the dressing
- 1 ½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)
- 1 tbsp. flax seed oil (cold pressed)
- 1 ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar (unpasteurized and alive)/Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Salt to taste
Mix all the dressing ingredients and keep aside.
Mix all the salad ingredients.
Pour the prepared dressing and serve.